Today, IREM Chicago has 668 members and is recognized as the largest Five-Star Chapter in the country. In 2011, our Chapter will continue its commitment to grow our membership base by adding more commercial real estate property managers and service providers. We will do this by:
- Offering our members a diversified set of programming and education which meet their goals,
- Expanding our annual Owners, Developers, Investors, and Employers (ODIE) visits to include our area’s largest commercial real estate firms.
- Meeting with area universities to educate them about the IREM organization, the designations it confers, and the value these designations brings to their career and/or a property management firm,
- Growing our presence in the LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter communities,
- Introducing a new “e-blast” design that will combine and deliver Chapter announcements in a clearer and more efficient manner,
- Enhancing our Chapter’s website to become the primary source of information for property managers and service providers in our area, and
- Introducing an “updated” Friends of IREM program that will encourage greater participation and recognition to our industry partners.
Your involvement in our Chapter is a continual key to our success. We hope that you will take advantage of all we have to offer by attending programs and events, engaging in discussions on the various social media outlets, and/or using our new website. Additionally, we encourage you to get involved on one of our committees. For a list of these, please click here for our Committee Page
I am looking forward to serving as your 2011 Chapter President. I realize our industry continues to struggle but your Chapter’s leadership will strive to bring you information, support and guidance as we work together to make 2011 a successful year all of us.