News from the Chicago Chapter
Results from the online survey recently distributed to IREM Chicago members and Industry Partners will provide Chapter 23 leadership with valuable insight and information needed to make more informed decisions when planning future events and initiatives.
The confidential survey, which was open during late May and early June, polled members on their membership and professional background, participation at Chapter 23 events and courses, communication platforms and advocacy and community involvement.
In the weeks to come, the leadership team plans to use findings to build programs that reflect the full depth and scope of Chapter 23 membership and the dynamic metropolitan Chicago property management industry.
Here are some key results from the 2016 survey:
- The highest percentage of membership was in the 1 to 5-year category at 38.6 percent.
- When asked for the driving factor behind attending an event, 70 percent selected an “interesting topic.” Professional development topics (73.1 percent) and legislative issues (65.8 percent) ranked highest in terms of event topics; and the vast majority – 92.6 percent -- found events to be fairly priced.
- In terms of upcoming topics of interest, medical marijuana and data security ranked highest, followed by short-term rentals and use of drones.
- Around one third (36.5 percent) of respondents are enrolled or planning to enroll in IREM Education this year, and more than half (58.5 percent) said their company underwrites some or part of their education.
- Around half (52.2 percent) of members who responded regularly visit the website and 41.6 percent visit the LinkedIn group, but only 13.5 percent visit the Chapter Facebook page.
- Just more than half (52 percent) of members represent multifamily properties.
- A very high percentage (68.2 percent) indicated they find value from Chapter 23-hostred luncheons over evening gatherings.
Do you have thoughts to share on how to grow and build upon Chapter 23’s ongoing success? If you have suggestions or thoughts to share, please contact Chapter Headquarters at [email protected].