News from the Chicago Chapter
A team of volunteers from IREM Chicago painted hallway walls, moved furniture and completed landscape tasks at the LYDIA Home on Chicago’s Northwest side as part of IREM Care Days, an annual initiative to support a non-profit organization.
The day-long project on June 14 was a true collective effort, with volunteers coming from the IREM Chicago Executive Council and membership, as well as from the Industry Partners companies who provide products and services to the property management profession.
The team met at LYDIA Home, a facility for foster children and the Chapter’s official charity for 2018, in the morning and worked into the early afternoon. Here are some examples of what was accomplished:
- JC Restoration sent a crew to tackle a thorough cleaning of the common areas. It was easy to find additional work, as the JC crew spackled and tuck pointed an area that had water penetration damage.
- Garden experts from Landscape Concepts cleaned outside grounds and pruned trees and shrubs.
- Mandy Manalli of BELFOR Property Restoration provided a delicious lunch for all of the volunteers.
- Toni Ivanov of Inside Out Painting secured paint and other supplies, which were generously donated by JC Licht and Benjamin Moore.
Here is a list of those who volunteered for the IREM Care Days event:
- Landscape Concepts Management – Phil Carbonari and Matt Sokolowske
- Elliott & Associates Attorneys, P.C. – Ingrid Decanio and Lauren Elliot
- Colliers International – Kris Haskins, CPM
- Inside-Out – Toni Ivanov, Ally LaHood and Shelia Malchodi
- The Missner Group – Elena Jimenez
- Beverly Companies – Don Kerwin
- Associa Chicagoland – Melanie Kuhn
- BELFORE Property Restoration – Mandy Manalli
- CBRE – Greg Mast
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services KoenigRubloff – June McCrory, CPM
- McLennan Property Management – Steve Schimmel, CPM
- Balanced Environments – Jason Seebacker
- JC Restoration – Mike Collins
LYDIA home also will benefit from proceeds raised during the IREM Chicago 2018 Golf Outing and Silent Auction August 6 at the Kemper Lakes Golf Club.