News from the Chicago Chapter
The 31st Annual IREM Chicago Golf Outing and Silent Auction held August 7 at the Kemper Lakes Golf Club was close to perfect. A few clouds and sprinkles in the late morning gave way to beautiful summer day and leading to another highly successful and memorable event for members, Industry Partners and guests.
A total of 144 golfers took on the challenging Kemper Lakes course, and the Silent Auction raised $10,575 dollars for Camp I Am Me, the official charity of Chapter 23 in 2017.
Special thanks to the Golf Committee, which planned and promoted the event, which included golf, the Silent Auction, lunch, a buffet supper and Vendor Showcase.
This annual event is a great opportunity to enjoy a round of golf and the beautiful Kemper Lakes clubhouse, nurture new friendships and business contacts, and make new connections. But golfers did do their best while on the links. Here are winners in various categories:
- 1st Place Member – Woman: Linda Carrasco, CPM®
- 1st Place Member – Men: Mike Monahan, CPM®
- 1st Place Non-Member – Woman: Connie Donnelly
- 1st Place Non-Member – Men: Rick Steroti
- Closest to the Pin 2nd Shot – David Hayden. Sponsor: Door Service Inc.
- Closest to the Pin – Carol Atkins. Sponsor: XFINITY
- Longest Putt/Women – Courtney Knox. Sponsor: Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
- Closest to the Pin/Men – Todd Brandel. Sponsor: J.C. Restoration
- Closest to the Line – Greg Takata. Sponsor: Thyssenkrupp
- Longest Drive/Women -- Katelin Dorsey. Sponsor: Landscape Concepts Management
- Closest to the Line – Rob Olis. Sponsor RCN
- Closest to the Pin/2nd Shot – James Wallace. Sponsor XFINITY
- Closest to the Pin/Women – Kris Haskins. Sponsor: CenterPoint Energy
- Longest Drive/Men – Greg Takata. Sponsor: Servpro of Oak Brook
- Closest to the Pin/Men or Women – Jim Fadellin. Sponsor: USA Fire Protection
- Longest Putt/Men – Frank Kontaur. Sponsor: Brouwer Brothers Steamatic