News from the Chicago Chapter
Event August 3 Raises Thousands for COVID-19 Relief Fund
CHICAGO, August 3, 2020 -- On a blustery and overcast day, 110 golfers gathered August 3 at the Kemper Lakes Golf Club in northwest suburban Kildeer to participate in the 34th Annual IREM Chicago Golf Outing. The day-long event, held under safety guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic, provided Chapter members, guests and Industry Partners with an opportunity for a great day on the links along with food and beverages and camaraderie.
Through a raffle of donated prizes and a 50/50 contribution from the Chapter, the event raised $3,435 that will be added to the IREM Chicago COVID-19 Relief Fund. That sum will be matched by the IREM Foundation, which will add an additional $1,000 contribution. The Relief Fund was established in July to support IREM members and their families with grants to help manage the challenges brought on by the pandemic.
These members of the IREM Chicago 2020 Executive Council participated in the 2020 Golf Outing:
- Steve Schimmel, CPM®, 2020 President-Elect
- Colleen Needham, CPM®, ARM®, 2020 Treasurer
- Natalie Drapac, CPM®, 2020 Secretary
- Kris Cramer, CPM®, Immediate Past President 2019
As in years past, the Golf Outing provided participants an opportunity to demonstrate their skill on the golf course. Here are results from the 10 challenges held:
- Hole 2/Closest to the Pin on Second Shot: Jean Corcio-McFarlane, ARM®. Sponsored by Beverly Companies.
- Hole 3/Closest to the Pin: Art Rendek. Sponsored by XFINITY.
- Hole 4/Longest Putt Women: Natalie Drapac, CPM®. Sponsored by CELTIC Companies.
- Hole 6/Closest to the Pin Men: Bryan Everett. Sponsored by Prudential Defense.
- Hole 7/Closest to the Line: Zelina Johnson. Sponsored by Kastle Systems.
- Hole 9/Longest Drive Women: Erica Horndasch. Sponsored by Landscape Concepts Management.
- Hole 13/Closest to the Pin Women: Natalie Drapac, CPM®. Sponsored by Hard Surface Solutions.
- Hole 15/Longest Drive Men: Mike Rosati. Sponsored by Moore Landscapes.
- Hole 17/Closest to the Pin: Alan Cosby. Sponsor USA Fire Protection.
- Hole 18/Longest Putt Men: Mike Davids. Sponsor Weathershield.
Founded in 1953, IREM Chicago has nearly 700 members who are charged with managing office, industrial and multifamily properties throughout metropolitan Chicago. The Chapter works to keep members informed on safety standards, legislative activities and other issues that have an impact on commercial real estate property management. And, it provides members with industry education, opportunities for community service, job referral services and guidance for candidates seeking to earn IREM industry designations.