News from the Chicago Chapter
Dr. Debbie Phillips, CPM®
An original communications plan with information from various sources is an effective way for managers to lead their teams during the ongoing challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
That was among the strategies and tactics presented during “Managing A Way Forward,” a May 6 webinar led by nationally-recognized consultant and real estate adviser Dr. Debbie Phillips, CPM®.
The focus of the presentation was to provide managers with a way to manage change by “shifting gears” or learning to “freeze, unfreeze and refreeze” when making decisions. Here are other ways managers can take charge in the months ahead.
- Let team members know that the pandemic is fluid and has caused much uncertainty due to the overload of information.
- Practice the “Four Cs” – Remain calm; be considerate; demonstrate compassion; and be consistent.
- Define your zone. Before the crisis, people could find their comfort zone. Now, learn how to grow and re-set your comfort zone.
- Keep some of what you learn during the crisis. Surround yourself with like-minded people in order to create new habits and celebrate small victories.
- Employ strategies to strengthen the “mental muscle,” or “replace the blue thoughts with true thoughts.” Stay in the present, reject negativity and express gratitude.
- Look for signals: “Red lights” are issues that need to be addressed now. “Yellow lights” are issues that may not need immediate attention. And, “Green lights” are reasons to celebrate.
Get access to the presentation from this link. And, use the password -- 8g&f^V*@. NOTE: The presentation will remain active through May 14.